SERVINGS: 1 Person
PREPARATION TIME: 30 Min
COOKING TIME: 30 Min
- 2 slices Baked marinated tempeh (recipe here)
- 1/2 Zucchini (spiralized)
- 1 small or 1/2 large beetroot (spiralized)
- 2 Tbsp Carrot dressing (recipe here)
- 2 Tbsp Creamy hemp seed dressing (recipe here)
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 pieces of Gluten-free bread (or any other bread of your own choice)
- 2 Tbsp Baba ganoush (recipe below)
- Handful of alfafa sprouts
Baba ganoush (adapted from Minimalist Baker)
- 1 medium eggplant (I received mine from Oisix)
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- Pinch of sea salt
- Handful of basil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
For the Baba ganoush
- Preheat oven to high broil and position a rack at the top of the oven.
- Slice your eggplant into 1/4 inch rounds and sprinkle with sea salt and place in a colander in the sink to drain any excess liquid. After 10 minutes, rinse slightly and then pat dry between two towels.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and drizzle with a pinch of sea salt. Roast for 5-10 minutes, turning once or twice, until the eggplant is softened and golden brown. Remove from pan, stack and wrap the rounds in foil to lock in moisture – wait 5 minutes.
- Peel away most of the skin of the eggplant and add them to a food processor.
- Add orange juice, apple cider vinegar, garlic, tahini, a pinch of salt, cumin and paprika and mix until creamy. Add herbs last and pulse to incorporate. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
For the Vegan Power Lunch Plate
- Toast the bread in a toaster for 1 minute.
- Peel and dice the avocado. Set aside for later use.
- Generously spread 1 Tbsp baba ganoush on each piece of bread. Top with diced avocado and alfafa sprouts. Sprinkle with some paprika powder if preferred.
- Add 2 Tbsp of carrot dressing to zoodles and 2 Tbsp of hemp seed dressing to the beetroot noodles.
- Assemble the ingredients on the plate as shown and enjoy!